How do I show extract text and argument/notes as columns?
In some cases, it is very useful to see the actual extracted text and your argument/notes in a tabular format alongside your summary in reports and in views, and set extracts to display summaries and extracted text on their blue extract rows in document views. We explain these options here; they all can be set in Administrator settings.
Note that in views, the first 6 to 9 lines of an extract's or argument's text is shown; however, when reporting, the full text (up to approximately 5,000 words) will be formatted and shown.
Displaying hidden topics as a column
Typically, hidden topics hold some private information that's not necessary to be shown on views or appear in reports. For example, the number of children a player has might have been collected but is to be kept private. That would be a "hidden" dynamic topic.
- To display that data in fact, chronology and player views, set this option to "Yes".
Displaying argument on fact and chronology views
It's often very helpful to see the full text of your argument alongside a brief summary of the fact or event - for example, in medical litigation with detailed legal nurse analysis alongside the treatment event summary.
- To add this content, set this option to "Yes".
Displaying "Linked sources" on fact and chronology views
Evidence linked to facts and events can be displayed in views with their descriptions. This is useful if you need to review and/or collect that evidence for various reasons. Below, two treatment events are shown with linked evidence.
- To display evidence linked to a fact or events on the fact and chronology views, set one of the format choices below.
- "Exclude Facts" shows evidence linked directly to a fact. Other facts or events linked to it are excluded.
- "Only produced" shows evidence linked directly to a fact that has been produced.
Displaying exact or formatted extract text in extract and fact views
Many litigators want to see an extract's text alongside their summary or notes in extract, fact or chronology views.
- To show extract text, set the option below to "Yes".
Display Exhibit and Bates numbers in document and extract views
Seeing a document or extract's Exhibit or Bates number as in the screenshot below is often useful for cross-referencing with others, and during trial preparation or review.
- To show Exhibit and Bates numbers, set this option to "Yes".