eMail import on macOS
On macOS, native EML and Outlook MSG files can't be imported nor converted to PDF on the fly. MasterFile therefore provides a macOS app that makes dealing with these native email files easy so they can be imported directly into MasterFile together with a PDF version.
Here's how it works.
- Click on the MSG Viewer app to open it.
- Open preferences.
- Set the options as shown and then close the window. Leave all others unchecked.
Drag and drop MSG or EML files into the conversion window. The conversions are saved back into the same folder.
- Set "Default e-mail client" for PDF conversion options as shown and then close the window. Leave all other settings as-is.
- Drag and drop MSG or EML files into the conversion window. The PDF conversions are saved back into the same folder.
In this version of the MSG Viewer, PDF conversions are given the extension .eml.pdf. They need to renamed to have the extension .pdf. This will be corrected in the upcoming version of MSG Viewer.
Here's a short video on how to do so.
- Start [R+] > Document and eEmail Loading > Express Load
Here's a short video that shows you to import the MSG, EML and PDF versions converted above into MasterFile.