Post installation steps
Three final steps remain to complete setup.
If you are using Domino server, or previously installed MasterFile, start with Step 2.
- Choose File > Security > User Security from the main menu bar.
- Click on What Others Do > Using Workstation and you'll see the window below.
- Click on What others do > Using Workstation > and then click Add and you'll be shown the dialog box below.
- Type */MasterFile exactly like that (it's case sensitive) and click OK.
- Click on */MasterFile and turn on every checkbox shown below. There may be two extra options at the end of the list in some versions of Notes; leave them unchecked.
- Then click OK.
- Start MasterFile
- On Windows: from Start > All Programs > MasterFile.
- On macOS: double click the Notes styled MasterFile icon.
- Click Yes on the Create Cross Certificate screen that is shown next.
- And click Yes on the dialog box shown next.
You will always be asked to create a new index when you first start MasterFile or create a new case.
Note that you may also see one or a few 'Execution Security Alerts' like the one below the first time you use MasterFile.
- If these appear, simply click the last radio button and OK.
The About MasterFile page will open next. You'll also find the steps below listed under the red twisty.
- Click 'Start MasterFile' or dismiss the About MasterFile tab.
- On the right panel, click Administration > Administration Settings and then OK.
- Next click on Administration > User Settings
and set your email system, if applicable.
If you're connecting to a Domino server, type or paste your fully qualified Domino server name (DominoServerName/DominoDomain) in the field below.
You're all set.
Right click on the workspace and choose 'Open Application'
Select the MF folder; then click Open.
Select the example database Arcade vs SkyHigh; then click Open.
The case opens in a new tab with Arcade v SkyHigh as its title.
Click the 'X' on its tab to close the case database. Its icon is now shown on the workspace; double click it to re-open.
Icons for cases you create are automatically shown on the workspace.