How do I convert Personal Edition databases to MasterFile?
MasterFile databases created with MasterFile Personal Edition have to be converted to MasterFile.
You should have already un-installed MasterFile Personal Edition and installed MasterFile from the standalone MasterFile only installer (MasterFile_v5-0-195C+.exe). It is not necessary to uninstall Notes.
You will also need to update the license key in each database after upgrading. That is explained at the end of this article.
Preparing for conversion
Start Notes and update the full text indexes of all your cases as follows
- Click on Count unindexed documents. If the result says All are indexed, click on the next cases icon to check that.
- Otherwise, since the count will show a number unindexed (9 below) click on Update Index.
- Click on Count unindexed documents after 20 seconds to a minute and check again. You can also pop up the status bar to see if the message "FInished updating index in ..." is displayed.
- Exit Notes
- Copy your Notes data directory located at C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Lotus\Notes\Data to a new area to back it up.
Replacing the database design
Upgrading the databases
In the dialog box displayed, select
- Convert MasterFile Personal Edition databases to MasterFile
- Select all the checkboxes
- Click on Choose a database.
The database is added to the list of databases to upgrade.
We suggest you convert one to familiarize yourself with the process.
Once you have selected all your databases and are sure that the checklist has been completed for each, click "Ok". Upgrade progress and status is shown in the bottom of the window.
If errors are listed in the status area after the upgrades are completed, you will need to open and review the Notes workstation LOG.NSF file for further details. Navigate to it from File > Application > Open from the top menu and peruse the log for details on the conversion of your database. You may need to copy the database back from the back up you made and restart the conversion process after fixing any document profiles that were flagged as causing the upgrade error. Generally, this situation is rare.
Press Cancel once the process is complete.
When you open any newly converted databases, you may see a serial number mismatch error, and the Administrator settings open.
- Delete the entry, if any, from the serial number field.
- Copy your MasterFile serial number.
- Click in the serial number field and paste your MasterFile serial number there using Ctrl-v.